Welcome to the Physical Optics Corporation (POC) Supplier Information Page. This page serves as a communication forum for the posting of POC general supplier correspondence, supplier performance requirements, terms and conditions, and various forms and documents for downloading. Suppliers are encouraged to frequently visit this page for updates.
Documents for Review and Download
Supplier Terms and Conditions
POC COTS Flowdowns, incorporated by reference in purchase orders for commercial off-the-shelf products and services.
POC Non-COTS Flowdowns, incorporated by reference in purchase orders for non-commercial off-the-shelf products and services.
POC Standard Terms - Cost, incorporated by reference in purchase orders for cost-type procurements.
POC Standard Terms - Firm Fixed Price, incorporated by reference in purchase orders for fixed price procurements.
Defend Trade Secrets Act Notice - An individual may not be held criminally or civilly liable under any federal or state trade secret law for the disclosure of a trade secret that (a) is made (i) in confidence to a federal, state, or local government official, either directly or indirectly, or to an attorney; and (ii) solely for the purpose of reporting or investigating a suspected violation of law; or (b) is made in a complaint or other document that is filed under seal in a lawsuit or other proceeding.
Conflict Minerals Policy Statement
SQC-01, Supplier Quality Clauses, defines quality clauses assigned to POC purchase orders. Part 1 defines general quality clauses that are applicable to all purchase orders. Part 2 defines specific quality clauses that are assigned based upon commodities and flow-down of POC customer requirements. The subcontractor/ supplier/service provider is responsible for flowing applicable clauses to lower-tier suppliers as appropriate.
SQC-01 Previous Revision
F-021, Request for Deviation/Waiver, is utilized by subcontractors/suppliers/service providers to request specification relief.
Use of form:
- Complete boxes 1, 2, 4 - 16. For clarity, include reference designations, drawing zones or notes, attachments, etc. to insure that the deviation/waiver request explanation is clear.
- Submit completed form through POC Purchasing representative or via e-mail to QA@POC.com. Note - Unless otherwise directed by assigned POC Buyer, products affected by the deviation request are held at supplier facility pending approval.
- If approved, a signed F-021 (with POC-assigned control number in box 3) is provided to supplier.
- Supplier is required to ship a copy of the approved deviation with the corresponding parts.
F-057, Supplier Quality Survey, is utilized as part of the supplier qualification process. Thoroughly complete form, and submit with attachments as necessary to QA@POC.com. Information documented on the completed F-057 is subject to verification during POC on-site surveys and audits.
Critical Supplier Performance Measurement
POC has a supplier performance measurement and reporting program wherein POC provides supplier performance results on a quarterly basis to Level I (critical) suppliers. Critical suppliers are those who:
- Fabricate parts and assemblies to POC drawings and specifications.
- Provide parts or materials for which they are the only or one of a few sources due to technology, IP, patents, etc.
- Provide parts or materials that have long lead-times.
- Engage in a significant amount of business with POC in terms of dollars.
- Engage in a significant amount of business with POC in terms of part numbers.
The parameters measured and reported are On-Time Delivery (OTD) and Quality Lot Acceptance.
POC utilizes Quality Collaboration by Design (QCBD), a quality software application through which supplier corrective actions are generated. The QCBD corrective action is forwarded to suppliers in a scanned format, and therefore cannot be revised by the supplier. It is acceptable that the supplier respond in their format provided the response addresses the key areas in the POC corrective action, i.e.; root cause, corrective action, effectivity, verification of effectiveness, etc. The response may be submitted via e-mail to QA@POC.com.
In the event the CAR is not responded to by the due date, and a request for extension (see below) has not been received, a letter may be sent to the supplier requesting an immediate response. If an acceptable response is not obtained within the requested period, a second notice is sent to a senior management representative of the supplier. Continued failure to respond may result in further disciplinary actions up to and including probationary or disapproved status.
Requests for extension should be requested via e-mail to QA@POC.com. POC Quality Assurance and Procurement reserves the right to approve or deny extension requests.
How to Contact Us
POC Quality Assurance can be contacted as follows:
||Physical Optics Corporation
Attn: Quality Assurance
1845 W. 205th Street
Torrance, CA 90501-1510